Blogger Layouts

Monday, March 23, 2009

Just Practicing!

Joshua had his 4 month check up on Friday and BOY IS HE GROWING! He is weighing 15 1/2 pounds and measuring 25 inches long! The doctor was very pleased with him overall. The laryngomalcia (floppy larynix tissue condition) has almost completely cleared (as the doctor predicted it would) and his dry patches of skin is much better (probably as a result of not running the heater as much).

I was also told by the doctor that if we wanted to start Joshua on cereal that I could. It was my choice. I talked to my sisters about it, and Kimberly suggested that we practice using a spoon first. Just to see if he would accept it or not. WOW-- my son knew exactly what to do as soon as I put that spoon to his mouth!





The doctor asked if Joshua was rolling over yet, to which I replied "no, not yet"... however yesterday when we were over at Jim's parent's house we had him laying on the floor and guess what? He rolled over! All by himself!!! YAY JOSHUA!!!!

6 comments:

Bekah said...

Joshua is a clone of Jim!! Of course he knows what to do with a spoon...he is a genius after all.

Is that his highchair? That is one of the most high-tech highchairs I have ever seen.

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

I can't believe how much he has grown. I can't believe he is almost ready to start on cereal!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Bekah, I didn't want to say it, but you're right he is a genius! lol

And yes, that is his highchair! My family and Jim's family went in together and bought it for us for the shower that Melissa through for us! It really is a cool highchair. It folds up and has wheels, so we can store it away if not in use and it has a 5-pt. harness system too (you know just in case he is driving down the highway in it and gets into an accident) ;)

Kerry, doesn't it just seem like yesterday that he was rolling over for the first time... OH WAIT, IT WAS YESTERDAY! hee hee

Anonymous said...

Well, that 5-point harness system is for the super serious eaters. And it looks like Joshua is primed and ready! My goodness he is so cute sitting in that chair and he looks like he is almost as old as Lindsey!

143

Lydia said...

WOW! hes growing up I can't belive he rolled over!

misslissa78 said...

Awwwww my little puddin doodle ... he's so big !!