Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 16: A Song That Makes Me Cry (or nearly)

Show Pity Lord, O Lord Forgive
Show pity, Lord, O Lord, forgive,
Let a repenting rebel live:
Are not Thy mercies large and free?
May not a sinner trust in Thee?

My crimes are great, but not surpass
The power and glory of Thy grace:
Great God, Thy nature hath no bound,
So let Thy pardoning love be found.

Should sudden vengeance seize my breath,
I must pronounce Thee just in death;
And if my soul were sent to hell,
Thy righteous law approves it well.

Yet save a trembling sinner, Lord,
Whose hope, still hovering round Thy Word,
Would light on some sweet promise there,
Some sure support against despair.

O Depth of Mercy! Can it be
that Mercy's still reserved for me?
Ah, can my God His wrath forbear,
And me the chief of sinners spare?

Mt Zion Primitive Baptist Church of Gray, Ga - Show Pity Lord
Powered by abmp3 search engine

3 comments:

Dani said...

I like this one alot too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, good choice!

143

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

This is a great one!