Blogger Layouts

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 18: My "Past" Wedding


It all started because Sister Gayle asked me if I liked Jim as much as he liked me: (I did, but I was not at a place in my life where I was available to have such feelings). Afraid that Jim would move on before I was available, I (contrary to all I was taught) approached Jim with my feelings for him and he told me he had already planned on waiting for me... (The Lord was already working) :)

On October 25, 2003 (I think- I remember it was not too long after my birthday) Jim took me to a beautiful formal restaurant where he proposed. We were married on May 8, 2004. My Matron on honour was my lovely sister, Kerry (I was Kimberly's maid of honour, Kimberly was Kerry's maid of honour and Kerry was my matron of honour). I had two other bridesmaids, my sister Kimberly and my friend from church Rachael. Jim's Best Man was my brother, Kyle. And Matthew (Kerry's hubby) and Phil (Kimberly's hubby) were his groomsmen. We had the most adorable Junior Bridesmaid, Tess (Jim's niece) and Ring Bearer, Ethan (Jim's nephew) - and even though you might think it was my day since I was the bride, it was actually the two most precious flower girls anyone has ever had in their bridal party that stole the show! Abbey and Brooke (both were 4 at the time- if I remember correctly) Brooke (who is a little CDO like her mom) was not very happy about throwing flower petals on the floor.. it was after all just a huge mess. So as they walked down the aisle, Abbey threw the petals and Brooke stepped on them :) Our Pastor at the time, Brother Steve, married us, our Ushers were Rachael's dad, Chris and my cousin, Bill (who Jim worked with prior to ever meeting me). We had the best photographer, Danny Cruz (of Lakeland, FL). We were truly blessed with the family and friends that attended, and while it went by so fast and all I have are pictures as reminders, it is by far my fondest of memories as it was the day I married my best friend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how come you didn't include a photo? And despite what you may say, it really was all about you -- and Jim that day. I am so blessed and honored to have been a apart of your special day!

143

Kelly Spezzano said...

So sorry, I didn't think I had any pictures on the computer, but I did have ONE (only one) that we scanned. So I have updated with a photo! :)

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

We're so glad you found one another! And it was a beautiful wedding!

Anonymous said...

Good picture choice --even if it was the only one on the computer! ;)

143

Dani said...

That is an awesome picture!