Blogger Layouts

Friday, December 3, 2010

Potty Training Month 2

Can you believe it is possible to undo in 3 days something that you've been working on for 3 weeks?

We had a minor setback with Potty Training the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Because we were visiting next door (Jim's parents live next door to us) with all the family for the 3 days surrounding Thanksgiving, we put Joshua in a pull-up the WHOLE time- and he did very poorly with telling me he had to go. I would take him in to use the potty periodically, and whenever I had to go, I would make him go too, but he generally had already gone in his pull up> Grrr!

So Sunday was back to nakey baby and he pitched a fit when we took his pants off... he was not happy. Then he proceeded to, 3 days in a row, poop somewhere on the floor (one time was at Gigi's house~ sorry Gigi!) The first time it happened, we had a talk with him and told him that he would be "disciplined" if he did it again- *and we did* Plus, he forgot to tell me both at breakfast and lunch that he had to go potty, and I ended up cleaning "piddles" off the floor :( Grrr.

But alas, tonight at El Bethel's church meeting. Joshua told me (during preaching service) that he had to go potty and when I took him in the bathroom he went and stood on the step stool and said "No, Mamma, I not go piddles" and I said, "Joshua, if you told Mamma you had to go and don't have to then that means you told Mamma a lie, and you get a spanking when you tell a lie" I sat him on the potty and he went piddles! Hooray. Then we got up 3 more times becuase he said he had to poop (which I think he really did- but the it wasn't until the last time that he actually did) I was SOOOOOOOO thankful. This would be the first time he has EVER told me he has needed to potty while wearing a pull up- Perhaps, we have had a breakthrough!

So after two steps forward and one step back, I think we made a giant leap tonight!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh goodness! Reading this gives me a new appreciation for the trials and tribulations of my mom when she potty trained us! I kinda doubt that I caught on as quickly as Joshua...

Brittany said...

Glad we weren't the only ones with setbacks on Thanksgiving! We've been eating PERFECT then Thanksgiving rolls around and we fall off (or in) the gravy train!

Go Joshua, GO! Keep up the good work Kelly!

Owl of the Desert said...

Hooray! I know this makes Momma VERY happy!