Blogger Layouts

Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Missed My Calling

For about 2 1/2 to 3 years now, I have been working in the real estate field. And with both Realtors that I have worked for, I have had the pleasure of handling (or at least helping with) their advertising. Where I work now, we do postcard mail-outs (that I get to design) and I have to admit, I enjoy it and am fairly creative with it. Now that Jim and I are running our own company, I am getting the opportunity to try my hand at advertising for him.


We decided to mail out postcards to the 500 homeowners in Phase One of our neighborhood. Jim had the idea to make it look like a vacation postcard... you know, the lame kind with the picture of where-ever and "Wish You Were Here" written on it... Well I took his idea and ran with it. Just look at how it turned out. We found this postcard stock with a glossy finish on it and it turned out awesome! The kitchen remodel on the postcard is from Jim's mom and dad's house. They had the original 1970's kitchen and Jim (in probably the fastest turn-around time ever) built the new kitchen (from scratch)! I am just amazed by my handy hubby's gift!!!!


LOOK OUT KRAFTMAID HERE WE COME! :)

In all seriousness, I do pray that the Lord blesses Jim with some jobs from this mail out. We've got a couple of jobs for him to start/complete but it would be comforting to know that there are other jobs coming in. We would love to have so much work that Jim can afford to hire a helper.

7 comments:

Dani said...

I didn't know that you were doing big scale mail outs! Makes me want a new kitchen. I'm sure that Jim will get loads of interested callers, and I bet some jobs too!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Let's just pray that you aren't the only one who wants a kitchen :) hee hee!

Actually, this will be our first mail-out. They say (I don't know who "They" are)that you should hit the same area at least 3 times with a direct mailing... so we may not get any calls the first time (or even the second) but if after the third time we don't get any jobs, calls, then we'll farm another area...

Next card... we'll try a tax return theme!

Brittany said...

WOO HOO! You're bloggin'!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Brit:

I know... can you believe it? And it only took me how many months to finally get my act together... Facebook, blogging, etc... You and Danielle must promise me that you will keep me up to date in this ever-changing world of technology! LOL

Dani said...

of course we will!

Rachel said...

Jim is amazing! and so are you! You guys have done so much for us before and after we moved here, luv ya!

strem said...

Thanks for sharing a picture with your post. The postcards look great, and so does the new kitchen!