Blogger Layouts

Friday, January 11, 2008

SUPERHERO MATHEMATICS

Broken Vacuum Cleaner + (plus)
SUPERHERO Hubby - (minus)

1 Leftover Part = (equals)

A Fully Functional Vacuum (with a missing screw somewhere).



In my last post, I poured my heart out about the struggle I have with cleaning. I had some work to do on Thursday morning (for the cabinet business) but I had it in my mind that I was going to clean my house in the afternoon. I first had to take the cats to the vet for their annual shots and arriving back home about 1:45pm I realized, I hadn't finished my soup from lunch (because I had to take the cats, as I mentioned before). So I sat and finished my soup. Next, I tidyed up the kitchen (it was already clean, believe it or not) so it didn't take long. Then I put a load of clothes in the wash... I was on a roll. Next- I was going to tackle the bathrooms. I like to vacuum the tile before I start cleaning, so I get out the vacuum... Then I remembered, my vacuum wasn't working from the last time I used it. Something was wrong with the self-propel function, so I decided- I can fix this. No problem. I sat down with my laptop to pull up the owners manual (I am sure I have one around here somewhere, but the Internet was a lot easier to find). Within seconds, I had found out that it could have been the "Flat Belt" needing to be replaced. I got out my handy power screwdriver, flipped over the vacuum and took off the bottom cover. What do you think I found? The Flat Belt had come off! Boy did I think I was BIG STUFF!! I found the problem! Wrong! Just, as I took off the cover, my SUPERHERO hubby came home from work... He sat down beside me and showed me that it wasn't as simple as the belt slipping off, there was a broken part (that I had NO IDEA how to fix, much less even locate). To make a long story short, within 30 minutes or so, my vacuum was taken completely apart. The part was located, Dinner was served, A trip to Home Depot was taken, the broken part was Epoxied, and left to cure overnight, and tonight within an hour or so, my vacuum was put back together, (minus random leftover screw). Moral of this story:
I AVOIDED CLEANING ONE MORE DAY!!!

9 comments:

Owl of the Desert said...

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I wouldn't know where to begin fixing a vacuum cleaner.

Dani said...

Great, now Gary wants to post, my embarassing vaccum cleaner story.

Kelly Spezzano said...

Oooooh Do Tell!!!

Rachel said...

women, screw drivers, and vaccum cleaners. good? or bad?

Dani said...

I told him that he could post it, but I'm sure enough not going to.

Brittany said...

I'm with Laura, I wouldn't know where to start when fixing a vac. More power to ya Jim!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Jim is amazing that way! He can just look at things and know how they "basically" work.

strem said...

You crack me up.

Kelly Spezzano said...

LOL- Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week!