Blogger Layouts

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Willingly Ignorant

Brother Buddy recently started an expository and in-depth study on the 6 days of creation. Last night, as we learned about day 5 and the first part of day 6, Brother Buddy went into further depth of the term "After their kind" (also seen as "After his kind"). He pointed out that in the 6 days, the phrase was used 8 times (once referring to the plants/herb/grass and seven times referring to the sea and land animals as well as the fowl of the air. I have always been taught that if the Lord says something once, it's important, but if it is repeated two or more times, it is REALLY important. Brother Buddy then read several excerpts from a book that was published, I believe he said, in 1983. Below is one of the things he read that I thought was mind boggeling:

As Dr. George Wald, winner of the 1967 Nobel Peace Prize in Science has written:

  • "When it comes to the origin of life on this earth, there are only two possibilities: creation or spontaneous generation (evolution). There is no third way. Spontaneous generation was disproved 100 years ago, but that leads us only to one other conclusion: that of supernatural creation. We cannot accept that on philosophical grounds (personal reasons); therefore, we choose to believe the impossible: that life arose spontaneously by chance."

As Brother Buddy went on to read more, he brought to our attention the scripture in 2 Peter 3:5~For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Brother Buddy also pointed out to us (and has mentioned in the previous sermons as well) the as scripture in Hebrews 11:3~Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

It is through faith that we read these things in the Bible about creation and believe it to be so. (Brother Ronald always says in reference to the popular bumper sticker that says "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it"~ "God said it, and that settles it, whether I believe it or not!")

I can't express how much I have enjoyed this study that Brother Buddy has been doing with us. I used to always read/rush right through the first chapter in Genesis because I just accepted those things to be true. But to hear it taught with such detail has made me consider the power of the Lord in creation (just like we were instructed to do at the Fellowship Meeting).

If anyone is interested in receiving the recordings of this study that Brother Buddy is doing, please let me know I can have Jim email you the sermons (if you have high speed) or we can mail you the cd's (if you have dial up). I would highly recommend it especially if you have school age children that are being taught evolution in school. This really helps to clear things up!

God Bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would absolutely love to hear these sermons. Is it possible to order some tapes/CDs? If so, let me know how much and where to send it. Thanks.

strem said...

I would also love to have them. I would like to send you some money for them... so please let me know when you would like it.

I just watched two Christian videos about the stars and planets which I hope to write about on the blog soon. It has renewed my fascination with the beginning scriptures of Genesis once again, and I'd be willing to share the videos with you after I receive them back if you'd like. (I've loaned them to several friends around here.)

Kelly Spezzano said...

Strem, can you email me your mailing address and we can mail the dics to you. My email is kaustin14325@yahoo.com
The videos would be great, I would love to take a look.

Also, Jeremy, I tried emailing to you, but the files are too large. I will need a mailing address for you too. (I will also email this comment to you).