Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 3, 2008

9 Month Virus

I have been sick more times this year than I have in a many years. Last weekend I started coming down with what I thought was the stomach virus. On Sunday, however, my "other suspicions" were confirmed. Jim and I are going to be P-A-R-E-N-T-S! I have what Brother Buddy called the 9 Month Virus!

Evidence that the Lord is in control- Jim and I have been trying to start a family for over a year now and had just this past February spoken to our doctor who thought we should look into some fertility testing. While Jim was supportive of this, he felt, though, that it would be in our best interest to try to get him on our health insurance first (JUST IN CASE). So we started the process of adding Jim to the insurance (which BTW we still have not heard back from) and decided that we would wait 6 months (just in case there were any waiting periods) and then we would look into all the testing. Little did we know what the Lord had in store for us!

Of course we are excited beyond all measure! We have such a wonderful support system nearby (my in-laws are right next door and have already been a tremendous help; my parents are about 5 mins away; both my "experienced" sisters live 5 to 10 minutes; my dearest friend who is on pregnancy #3 is a phone call away; and all the wonderful church family are nearby too!) I just can't hardly wait!

As I stated earlier, I have been experiencing a bit of "morning, noon and night" sickness, but the nurse at the doctors office gave me some hints that seem to be helping. Poor Jim, though, hasn't had a home cooked meal in a while- due to the sensitive "smell sniffer"!

The Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful hubby. I was feeling a bit guilty for being in bed so much and when I told him that I wished I could help him more, his repy: "You do all the work I can't do (i.e. carry and deliver the baby) and I'll do all the work you can't do (i.e. everything else)"

I was able to subdue the morning sickness for a while to attend church last night. After services, there were several that were pinpointing my due date (labeling themselves as "experts"). According to the pc pregnancy calculator, I will be due November 28th (the day after Thanksgiving- my Favorite Holiday) My Brother-in-law, Matt says Nov 27th and Brother Buddy (and Brother Randy) say Nov 24th at 7:15pm (Now that's accuracy). We had a good laugh about it!

Please keep us in your prayers, and if I ever figure out this blogging thing, I may try to get a countdown posted somewhere. (We'll see!)

God bless!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord is so good. He always know what we need and when we need it. Congrat to you both. We will make wonderful parents.

Love ya
Sis Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh,sorry, maybe I should proof before I hit the button. I meant to say, you and Jim will make wonderful parents.
sis Kathy

Elizabeth said...

OH! I'm so excited for you! Praise the Lord!

Don't forget: LOTS of protein - 90g a day- and LOTS of water.

I hope the sickness goes away soon.

Lil. Bit said...

I am so happy for ya'll! Congrats! I am going to love shopping for that baby some clothes! :)

Kelly Spezzano said...

Thank you so much all!

That's good info Elizabeth, I knew about the water, but I didn't know the amount of protein!

Brittany said...

The Lord is good! I am overjoyed for you and Jim. I can only imagine how thrilled your folks must be!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Kelly Spezzano said...

Brit- my parents and Jim's parents are extremely excited! My father-in-law is so worried about me, he's had Val call to check on me several times now. It's very endearing!
Jeremy, Thanks!

Amber said...

Oh Kelly! I am so excited for you!! Morning sickness is so rough. When you hit 8 weeks, the morning sickness should be at its peak, and it should be gone by 14 weeks. Hang in there, girl. Even though you can't believe it right now, the sickness will soon be a distant memory.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND JIM!!!

Rich_S said...

Congratulations!
I am so happy for both of you. Have you started picking out names yet?
I will pray for the health of both of you and the baby.

Love
Uncle Rich

Kelly Spezzano said...

Thanks Amber for the encouraging words! I am dealing pretty well with the morning sickness, now it's the LOW ENERGY levels!

Uncle Richard, we haven't really settled on anything yet, but we'll be finding out what we're going to have so that'll make the name picking a little easier. I appreciate the prayers!- Kelly

Owl of the Desert said...

Such wonderful news! Congratulations to you both!!

What did Abby and Brodie say?

Tom said...

Hi Kelly and Jim

Just wanted to congratulate both of you. Miss you guys. Hopefully, I will be able to visit soon after the baby arrives. Love you both.

Love

Uncle Tom

Dani said...

I'm still so EXCITED by the way. :)

Amanda said...

Oh how wonderful! What a blessing! I am just thrilled for you both! Being a mother is THE MOST WONDERFUL gift that the Lord has given us. I am so glad that the Lord blessed you to get pregnant with out fertility treatments! It is SOOOO stressful and sometimes can produce more than ONE bundle of joy!! I've always heard that morning sickness is a good sign for a healthy baby! Those energy levels will get back up there and before you know it you will be cooking supper for Jim and eating all of it before he can get to the table! (i never did that by the way!)My doctor strongly instructed me to eat something every 3 hours to keep from getting so naucious (?) that I couldn't eat. But that should not really be enforced until after about 8 weeks!Okay, I will quit rambling now! Congratulations again!!

Brittany said...

BD...where are you? Do we need to send out the troops to find ya?

strem said...

Still praying for you - every day. Hugging you from afar!

Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your life will change forever on November 28th (my dad's birthday), or whatever day and time your precious bundle of joy arrives!

I certainly do sympathize with you on the so-called "morning" (actually all-day) sickness; I had it all four times, starting somewhere between weeks 4 and 8, and ending between 14 and 16. What helped me most was keeping my blood sugar from plummeting by eating a little bit of protein (for me, usually a handful of nuts or a peanut butter cracker) about every two hours like Elizabeth said, not eating sweets or other things high in sugar, by themselves, and always having crackers (but not graham crackers) handy for snacking.

One snack that another PB shared with me, that always hit the spot: A Triscuit topped with Easy Cheese (the canned stuff, which I do not eat normally LOL) and a grape. Highly portable, too!

Okay, this comment is long enough and DD2 has a stinky diaper...

Must run -- CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

Love,
Lori.