Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fear Anxiety and Worry

I know I am not the only one who struggles with worrying. Almost every woman I have ever spoken with has told me it is a constant struggle for them and I know that the scriptures say it is a sin to worry.

Is it a lack of faith that causes me to worry? Is it a lack of knowledge? Why is it that when I lay my head down at night, my mind turns on and thinks of things when it should be shutting down for the evening? Why is it that my wonderful sweet husband can control his anxiety and lay it aside and my anxiety turns into knots in my back and hyperventilation?

My mother has given me some good advice on relaxation techniques (which I did try this evening and was unsuccessful). But why cannot I not lay it at Jesus' feet and forget about it?

Please pray for me!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh Kelly, I'm frequently in the same spot you are in. I wish I had advice on how to relax or stop worrying to give you, but I just haven't figured out how to get myself to stop! I pray you will find peace.

Amanda said...

Bless your heart. I've been there, not a fun place to be. I really had problems with anxiety about 4 years ago and I started exercising vigorously every day and that really helped me. If you can find time, start running every day, its free!!

Keep begging the Lord to grant you peace and He will. I will pray for you, earnestly.