Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 1: Favorite Song

With so many songs from which to choose, it will be hard to narrow it down. I will give you 3 of my favorites.

Joshua and I are ALWAYS singing (and that is almost not an exaggeration)- we sing when we're eating breakfast, lunch and dinner (my mom always told me not to sing at the table). We sing before nap time, before bedtime, during our bath time, when we brush our teeth when we wash our hands... we just LOVE singing.

Having said that, my favorite song to sing to Joshua right now (which is the song he asks me to sing the most) is "That's How Much I Love You" (my mom would sing this to me when tucking me in at night too, so it's a special song for that reason.)

One of the lines in the song is:
If I had a nickel I know what I would do
I'd spend it all for candy (we sing candy, cookies, cuppycakes, rockets, etc.) and give it all to you
I'd spend it all for candy and give it all to you
Cause that's how much I love you baby (I sing "Joshie") that's how much I love you

My Favorite Church Song is: #603 O Come Let Us Worship (by John J. Overholt)

I love the melody, the harmony, and most of all the instruction taken from Psalms 95:6 O come let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker. It's a song purely of worship and thanksgiving to our Lord and Master! I just love it!

And finally, my favorite secular song is from the concert Jim took me to last year (Celtic Thunder) Take Me Home

2 comments:

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

All these songs are great. I sing "That's how much I love you" to the kids also. Each one of them gets a verse and we rotate who is the picture, who's the horsefly and who gets the candy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that Celtic Thunder is amazing! Awesome choices. And just for the record, you were born singing ;) It doesn't surprise me in the least that you and Joshie spend your whole day singing to each other!

143