Blogger Layouts

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 25: My Day in Detail

In case you don't know this, I have been writing these blogs (mostly all at one time) and scheduling them to post on their respective days. So this post is actually reflecting my day on August 31.

Slept on the couch with Joshua until 2am (poor little guy was real congested and kept crying because his throat must have been sore). Woke up at 8:30 am (Joshua woke me up by singing "Happy Birthday To Puppy" at the top of his lungs). Made my bed, went in got Joshua and changed his diaper. Warmed his milk and sat him on the couch to watch Curious George (one of his very most favorite tv shows). While he drank his milk, I made pancakes. We ate our pancakes together and I cleaned up the kitchen while he finished.

After breakfast, we brushed teeth, got dressed and at 10:00am we had story time. I set the timer for 30 minutes and we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Baby's First (Golden) Book, Joshua's personalized Disney Cars Book, we looked at a seek and find picture book. And read his ABC Train book.

When the timer rang, Joshua went to his room to play while I cleaned the bathrooms. My mom-in-law came for a visit at 11:30 and Joshua dumped all his ABC blocks on the floor to play with while "Me-maw" was visiting. At 11:45, I prepared lunch for me and Joshua (we had leftover chicken pot pie ("bot bye" as Joshua calls it). After lunch, I put Joshua down for a nap. While he slept, I cleaned the kitchen from lunch time and talked on the phone with Kyle and mom. At 1:45, I sat down to read my bible. I missed my reading yesterday and Sunday so I read Proverbs 29, 30 and 31 and I am reading in Joshua right now also so I read Joshua 8-10. I then read a few more chapters in To Train Up A Child.

At 2:40 Joshua woke from his nap. I warmed his afternoon milk and let him watch his Barney movie while I prepared things for going out later (to celebrate Kyle's birthday). At 4:15, Joshua and I got dressed for going to dinner, and cleaned up toys and books. Dad picked us up at 5:00pm on his way home from work and we went to mom and dad's house so dad could get ready for dinner. We left at about 5:50pm (that's miller-tarry time which is about 10-15 minutes fast).

We arrived at Louie Macks steakhouse and were sat right away. They gave us our own private dining room (it was quite nice). Everyone arrived at the restaurant (Jim made it just in time for the waiter to take his order). I had the prime rib with mashed potatoes and it was DE-LISH! We enjoyed great time with the family for this special occasion (I got some good quality time with Baby Ka-Ka and also with Lindsey.

We left the restaurant at 9pm and came home where we got Joshua ready for bed and did our bedtime ritual with him. Jim was really tired (poor guy is completely burned out from work) so he went on to be too. I stayed up to get in my computer time. I have been staying off the computer until the evening so I can stay on task throughout the day (it is working very well so far). And after I finish this post. I am headed to bed!

Good night!


Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very nice day!


Dani said...

I cheat like that too sometimes with posting. If I actually have a little time, and have several things I want to say I schedule them for the next few days, since I hate to post more than once a day.