Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Embracing Mommy Mind


Scenerio #1- Middle of March, I searched franticly for Postcards to use for a Honeymoon Wedding Shower Invitations that my sisters and I were planning. I eventually found them (although I had to go all the way to Plant City) and put together the invitations and mailed them. So, it's not like I wasn't involved and didn't know when the shower was being held. However, when Melissa was trying to coordinate me and Joshua coming to see Bekah while she was in town I told Melissa, "Saturday or Sunday is perfectly fine with me." I even went as far as saying that Jim and I would drive both vehicles on Sunday and I would just stop in after church. I then contacted my mother to get a recipe from her that I wanted to make for church on Sunday to which she replied, "Uh, you're staying for lunch? I thought you were helping set-up for the shower?" HUUUUUUUUH????? Shower? Sunday? This Sunday? Uh.... Right, yeah... I was planning that... sure, I will be there! With bells on!!!!


Scenerio #2- Saturday at Little Zion, I was speaking to my Aunt and Uncle about another one of my cousins (who got married last night). I was asking about where exactly the hotel was and that I would more than likely be coming by myself (with Joshua). After finding out where it was (which it was in St. Petersburg), I was talking to my sister (Kimberly) and asked if it would be possible for me and Joshua to rider with her and the family to the wedding, to which she replied, "Ummm, don't you remember that we had already made the arrangements that you would ride with us?" HUUUUUUUH???? I did? When did that happen? Uh.... Right, yeah.... I was just checking to make sure YOU hadn't lost your mind! Ummmm what time did we say????


Scenerio #3- I spent the ENTIRE evening on Saturday with Melissa, to whom I was supposed to give Owen's jacket back.... did I remember? No! Was it in my car? Yes!


Scenerio #4- How many times can you walk into a room with a specific task in mind only to get there and say, "Uhhhh, what did I come in here for"


These are only a FEW (I can't seem to remember any more) :)


Melissa tells me to embrace it... I say "Grab Hold, Running Full Steam Ahead" with it, because it looks like it's here to stay for a little while!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly, don't feel bad. All of us moms ... uhhhh, I forgot what I was going to say. Well if its important I will let you know later ... that is if I remember! ;)

143

Dani said...

I am completely on board with this post. :) I can't remember my name half the time.

misslissa78 said...

Admitting there is a problem is the first step :-)
Forget the other 11 steps ... I did :-)

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

It happens to the best of us! It only makes you a better mother! ;-)

Kathy U said...

Welcome to motherhood. It only gets better or worse however you want to look at it.

PS: You do remember you promised to come stay with us memorial day weekend. RIGHT!!!!!
Love ya
Sis Kathy

Kelly Spezzano said...

Sis Kathy, I do remember that we are going to stay with you! Thanks so much for the offer!!!!

And thanks everyone for the encouragement that I am not alone! :)

Lydia said...

#4 Happens to me some times but thats it.( maybe because I'm not a mom yet. MOM STILL HAS IT!!!

Owl of the Desert said...

Sticky notes. I am definitely a fan of sticky notes.

Brittany said...

Too funny!

Amy Ellen said...

Yup we all do it..... I am just thankful it is not just me, I feel alot better knowing that, LOL. Not that I want others to forget things, just I feel not so alone, LOL.

Hugs
Amy